• 검색
  • |
  • 로그인
  • 회원가입

[CCEF] Podcast Episode 7 - Languishing | New Conference Speaker - Shai Linne

New Podcast Episode
Languishing
Alasdair Groves

“Biblical hope says, ‘God is with you.’ You are not alone in the wilderness. He is with you and that changes everything.”
Listen here

New Speaker

Shai Linne
Shai Linne is an author and recording artist who has released numerous acclaimed Christian hip-hop albums, including The Atonement, The Attributes of God and Jesus Kids. After completing a pastoral internship at Capitol Hill Baptist Church in Washington D.C., Shai co-founded Risen Christ Fellowship, an inner-city church in his hometown of Philadelphia, PA. Shai has been featured in or written articles for numerous Christian outlets, including Christianity Today, World Magazine, 9 Marks and The Gospel Coalition. Shai is the author of The New Reformation: Finding Hope in the Fight for Ethnic Unity, which was published in May 2021. Previously, he wrote God Made Me and You and co-authored It Was Good: Making Music to the Glory of God. Shai lives in Philadelphia with his wife Blair and their three children.

Sessions

• Agree in the Lord Plenary session
  • Gospel Conversations about Race/Ethnicity in Your Church Community Breakout session
Full Descriptions

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

1.상담챠트
2.신체문제
3.정신구조
4.마음이해
5.변화과정

상담시리즈 현장실시간 학차신청 세미나

필독서1
필독서2

승리자 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 2022-01-19 (수) 13:40 2년전
[파파고 번역]

[CCEF] 팟캐스트 에피소드 7 - 랭기싱 | 신임 콘퍼런스 연사 - 샤이 린네

새 팟캐스트 에피소드

나른함
알라스데어 그로브스

"성경의 소망은 '하나님이 너와 함께 계신다'고 말한다. 황무지에서 당신만 있는 게 아니에요 그는 당신과 함께 있고 그것이 모든 것을 변화시킵니다."
여기 들어보세요

새 스피커

샤이 린
Shai Linne은 The Attribution, The Attributes of God 그리고 Jesus Kids를 포함하여 많은 찬사를 받은 기독교 힙합 앨범을 발매한 작가이자 음반 예술가입니다. 워싱턴 D.C.에 있는 캐피톨 힐 침례교회에서 목회 인턴십을 마친 후, 샤이는 고향인 필라델피아에 있는 도심 속 교회인 라이즈 크라이스트 펠로우십을 공동 설립했다. 샤이는 크리스타니티 투데이, 월드 매거진, 나인 마크스, 복음 연합 등 수많은 기독교 매체에 기고하거나 기사를 썼다. 샤이는 '신종교'의 저자이다. 2021년 5월에 출판된 민족통합을 위한 투쟁에서 희망을 찾습니다. 그는 앞서 '하나님, 나와 당신을 만드셨습니다'를 썼고 '좋았습니다: 하나님의 영광에 음악을 만드세요'를 공동 집필한 바 있다. 샤이는 부인 블레어, 세 자녀와 함께 필라델피아에 살고 있다.
세션

본회의에서 동의함
교회 커뮤니티 브레이크아웃 세션에서 인종/인종에 대한 복음 대화
전체 설명
주소 추천 0
승리자 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 2022-01-19 (수) 13:51 2년전
여기 들어보세요(추가)

Transcript

Hi, my name is Alasdair Groves. This is CCEF’s podcast, “Where Life and Scripture Meet.” Welcome. I hope you enjoy today’s episode. Let me start us off with a question for you. How long does it take you to get out of bed in the morning? Why? And particularly, did that change for you over the course of 2020 and beyond? You’ll understand why I’m asking you this particular question shortly and we’re going to come back to it at the end.

So, let me start by telling you a little bit about a May 2021 New York Times article that our podcast team found and flagged as worth engaging. It was called, “There’s a Name for the Blah You’re Feeling: It’s Called Languishing.” It’s by a Wharton professor and psychologist named Adam Grant. And it’s trying to capture the slide into subtle emotional unhealthiness that many people have experienced through the pandemic. And I think it will be helpful to spend a little time letting his thinking and his categories provoke us and drive us towards Scripture in an area that most of us have probably not thought much about.

So let me start by simply reading a slightly edited version of the opening couple of paragraphs of his article to establish the ground we want to cover. Grant says, “At first, I didn’t recognize the symptoms that we all had in common. Friends mentioned they were having trouble concentrating. Colleagues reported that even with the vaccines on the horizon, they weren’t that excited about 2021. And instead of bouncing out of bed at 6:00 AM, I was lying there until 7:00 playing Words with Friends. It wasn’t burnout, we still had energy. It wasn’t depression, we didn’t feel hopeless. We just felt somewhat joyless and aimless. It turns out there’s a name for that: languishing. Languishing is a sense of stagnation and emptiness. It feels as if you’re muddling through your days, looking at your life through a foggy windshield. And it might be the dominant emotion of 2021.”

Now that’s interesting, that just right onto something. I don’t know if you’ve been using the word languishing to describe yourself. I don’t know if you relate to the experiences he’s talking about but I suspect many of us do. And our first question when we hear some new idea about how to understand or orient lives should always be, “So what does God’s Word have to say about this?” Well, the Bible does use the word languish. It just doesn’t use it very much. In the NIV it shows up twice (Isaiah 24 and Jeremiah 14), the ESV tacks on a few more in Isaiah, one in Jeremiah, one in Hosea. The NASB gets all the way up to 11 instances.

But interestingly, the Bible really doesn’t use the word languishing the way that Adam Grant is here in the New York Times. Biblically speaking, languishing is always much more dire, much more severe, withering and desperate. I’ll give you an example: Jeremiah 14:2, which is in all of the translations, it’s about a drought and it says, “Judah mourns and her gates languish, her people lament on the ground and the cry of Jerusalem goes up.” So there’s a common core here between the way that Grant is using it and the way that Jeremiah is using it. There’s an inactivity and a sense of slow withering. But even though it’s technically there, we want to listen carefully. What is it that Grant is highlighting here in 2021 and where does Scripture speak into that?

And we’re actually going to find Scripture has a lot to say about it, but it’s not so much in the word languishing as in a variety of other places. So where does the Bible go with what Grant is calling languishing? Well, there’s a bunch of things and we have a theology of the heart that actually allows us to have an enormous amount of nuance and dexterity when we’re analyzing our emotions. So Scripture doesn’t just have one thing to say about this experience. It actually comes at it from a number of angles. Let me just throw a couple out there and I’ll move through these very quickly. We’re not trying to delve into any of them.

Think about the opening of Ecclesiastes: “Vanity, vanity. There’s nothing new under the sun.” No excitement for the future.

Think about Job and one admittedly small aspect of his suffering that he talks about is that time rolls along and it doesn’t bring any good change. The days slip away from you, but the uncomfortable moments seem to drag on forever. Chapter seven, verses four and six, “When I lie down I think, how long before I get up? The night drags on and I toss till dawn, my days are swifter than a Weaver’s shuttle and they come to an end without hope.” There’s this quick, quick days, slow moments.

Think about Proverbs. For example, 15:19, “The way of a sluggard is like a hedge of thorns.” For the sluggard, for the one who’s struggling to be motivated about anything, everything is hard. Every step is a battle. I just don’t feel like doing any of it. And now of course, the word sluggard brings in a moral component here, doesn’t it? Right, it’s now challenging us to see this kind of weariness in moral categories. This is a temptation, this is not a good thing. It’s not simply describing a suffering the way that Job is here.

Think about weariness in Proverbs. Again, chapter 30 beginning of “I’m weary, O God; I am weary, O God, and worn out.” And then he goes on to say, “Surely I am too stupid to be a man. I have not the understanding of a man. I have not learned wisdom.” We might translate this into our vernacular by saying, I am just so life weary. It’s like, I can’t even think anymore.

Or take the wilderness imagery, right? Being dragged day by day through the wilderness: unrelenting scenery, life is hard. It’s not an abundant flourishing place. I feel tired. I feel hot. It’s dusty. It’s hard to find water. Tomorrow isn’t likely to be any different.

So bottom line, the Bible has a lot to say about the blah you’re feeling.

So what do we do about it?

Well, Grant suggests a few ideas, including getting into a focus of what he calls flow, which is basically getting into the zone on your work. He talks about finding small wins so you can kind of increase your sense of motivation through some little micro steps, talks about carving out dedicated time for thinking work, where you’re not just being pulled in a bunch of different directions by a bunch of distractions and in and of themselves, these are all completely fair, fine ideas. But Scripture offers us more than this, right? Let’s just take one theme. Let’s take one aspect of this. What might Scripture say, what does Scripture say to us? Literally when we are waking up in the morning and when we’re waking up in the morning with the experience of being in the wilderness. What does Scripture have to say to people waking up in the wilderness?

Well, let’s think for a moment. What is a biblical hope for people in the wilderness? A dry and weary land, where there is no water. What are we hoping for? Well, I would say the overwhelmingly most significant theme, the hope that comes vastly to the front, when we think about the wilderness is simply this. It is that God is with you. You are not alone in the wilderness. And that’s no consolation prize. It’s not like, well, the wilderness is really hard. It’s just going to be tough, but well, you know, at least God is with you and that’s, that’s got to be worth something, right? No, not at all. If God is with you, it changes everything about whatever situation you find yourself in. In particular, the people of Israel in the wilderness, here are some of the aspects of that, right? “God with you” meant a literal, visible pillar of cloud by day, a pillar of fire by night. God was very interested in making it clear to a large group of people, “I am here. I am with you,” right?

He would give them direction for that day. They would follow the cloud. And if the cloud stopped, they stopped. If the cloud went on, they would go on. He gave them guidance. Now it was a guidance that took them on a very circuitous route through the wilderness. They did not take a straight line from Egypt to Canaan, getting there as quickly as possible. This was not an efficient trip, saving on gas mileage and taking all the shortcuts to get there as quickly as possible. God had more in mind than that, but it wasn’t an aimless wandering with no purpose to it. God didn’t get lost on his way from where he wanted the people to go. Actually every day and every step and every move was designed for their good.

And so another aspect of God being with you, is if he’s with you, you’re going to see that he is there. There’s going to be direction for your day. And there’s actually this promise. The journey itself will shape you. Life is not just about getting stuff done and being more effective at work or having better conversations with your friends or advancing ministry with your church. There is a promise that the journey itself will be this good shaping thing. And then on top of that, there’s a promise of care. God said, I will take you through this. I will give you manna. I will give you quail. I will give you water. Your sandals will not wear out, which I understand not to mean that somehow everyone’s sandals were magical, but rather that there would be enough provision for people to have sandals. They would be able to have the things they needed as they walked through the wilderness on their way to the Promised Land, which, oh, by the way, the presence of “God with you” ultimately is “I am taking you somewhere better than you can imagine.”

I’m taking you to a land flowing with milk and honey, right? So, what is your hope in the wilderness? Your hope in the wilderness is: God is actually here with me. And if he’s here, if he is up to his good purposes, if I can trust him, whichever direction the cloud might go today and however far we get and however efficient or inefficient, it might seem, if I can know the journey through the wilderness with him is utterly, utterly secure and is utterly hopeful that wherever that path is taking me, he’s going to care for me along the way. He’s going to shape me through the process. And he’s going to end me somewhere that I want to be even more than I can imagine. If that’s true, that changes everything about the genuine and real distress, right? You really are in the wilderness.

So let’s come all the way back to our opening question.

What’s it like for you, getting up in the morning? How long does it take you to get out of bed when you first wake up? I’ll share my own experience. I decided a while back, I was just going to give myself five minutes to just sit in bed when I woke up. I hate waking up. I’m trying to become more of a morning person. I’m not by nature. It’s just hard. Those first couple minutes of the day. I feel like all I want in the world is to go back to sleep, and that’s on a good day. It’s hard to get out of bed for me. So I said, you know what? I’m just giving myself five minutes every day. All I have to do, my only responsibility in the whole world is to sit in my bed and just stare at the wall and try to slowly accept the fact that I’m awake and I need to be awake for a bit.

And then I also have a little thing I started to do where I check my to-do list but only check the part where I put stuff that says, “Hey, you need to think about this, this morning.” And I’m trying to keep that list as short as possible. So it would not be an exaggeration to say that I wake up pretty much every morning feeling uninspired. But I would agree with Grant, I’d say it has gotten harder. The chances of me turning my five minutes into 10, the chances of me starting to pull up an email or two, or maybe even my chess app and just doing anything to sort of postpone stepping into the day. I would say that temptation has indeed grown and the lack of motivation to get out of bed has probably changed at least a little bit, although it was already pretty strong before.

I certainly didn’t need a pandemic to struggle getting out of bed. So what if, what if tomorrow, what if instead of sitting there and hating the fact that I’m awake and just leaving it there, what if I were to focus on the fact that the Lord is with me in the wilderness? In particular, I’m thinking for myself, what if before I got out of bed, as I’m sitting there in those five minutes, what if I, number one, took comfort that I really am in the wilderness? This world is broken and fallen. It really is hard. There really is a validity to the fact that it is hard to face a day on this planet, in this life with all the weariness that comes with that.

So what if I, what if I reminded myself I’m actually in the wilderness? This isn’t just laziness, although, believe me, there can easily be that slipping into the picture too. The sluggard is not an unknown image for me. But, secondly, what if I then also reminded myself God has said he’ll be with me. Whether this day is an easy straight line and I get lots done, or whether it feels totally inefficient and I get to night and I feel like I’m behind where I started. Ultimately, that doesn’t change anything about the fact that God said, “I will go with you.” And all those promises that were there for the people of Israel, of care and of being shaped by the journey and going somewhere good, those are all promises that have been magnified to me in Christ. Now, would I like a pillar of fire and a pillar of cloud going through the day, you know, I think I would, it’s easy to imagine that I might, although it actually might get a little stressful.

But think about the fact that that pillar of fire, well, the Holy Spirit descended as a tongue of fire on the heads of the apostles at Pentecost, that fire is living inside of me. All of those of us who know Christ, we actually have the pillar of fire in our hearts saying, “I will guide you. I will be with you. I will bring energy to you. I will walk with you every step.” That is pretty cool. And I would like to think about such things in the morning. I’d like my five minutes to start to be filled with the reminder that God is with me in the wilderness. And that makes all the difference.

So, what was it like getting out of bed this morning for you? Are you still in bed right now, as you listened to this? What would be different about your day tomorrow if you woke up and remembered that you were in the wilderness? And that it’s okay to feel weary and that God himself says he will be with you on whatever adventure your day may bring.

------

성적증명서

안녕하세요, 제 이름은 알라스데어 그로브스입니다. 이것은 CCEF의 팟캐스트 "삶과 성경이 만나는 곳"입니다. 환영해 오늘 방송 재밌게 봐주셨으면 좋겠습니다. 질문 하나 할게요. 아침에 일어나는데 얼마나 걸리나요? 왜죠? 그리고 특히 2020년 이후에 그것이 당신에게 변했나요? 제가 왜 이 특정한 질문을 하는지 이해하실 겁니다. 그리고 마지막에 다시 말씀드리도록 하겠습니다.

그럼, 2021년 5월 뉴욕 타임즈 기사에 대해 조금 말씀드리겠습니다. 저희 팟캐스트 팀이 발견하여 참여 가치가 있다고 플래그를 달았습니다. "당신이 느끼는 블라에 대한 이름이 있다: 그것은 나그네싱이라고 불린다. 와튼 교수이자 심리학자인 아담 그랜트가 쓴 책이에요 그리고 그것은 많은 사람들이 대유행을 통해 경험한 미묘한 감정적 건강상태로의 진입을 포착하기 위해 노력하고 있습니다. 그리고 그의 생각과 그의 범주들이 우리를 자극하게 하고 우리 대부분이 많이 생각하지 않았던 영역에서 성경을 향해 우리를 이끌도록 약간의 시간을 보내는 것이 도움이 될 것이라고 생각합니다.

우선 그의 기사의 첫 번째 단락을 약간 편집한 후 우리가 다루고자 하는 토대를 마련하는 것으로 시작하겠습니다. 그랜트는 "처음에는, 저는 우리 모두가 공통적으로 가지고 있는 증상들을 인식하지 못했습니다. 친구들은 그들이 집중하는데 어려움을 겪고 있다고 말했다. 동료들은 백신 접종이 임박했음에도 불구하고 2021년에 대해 그다지 흥분하지 않았다고 보고했다. 그리고 아침 6시에 침대에서 일어나는 대신 7시까지 누워 친구들과 단어들 놀이를 하고 있었다. 완전히 끊긴 게 아니라 에너지가 남아있어요. 우울증이 아니었어요 절망감을 느끼지 않았죠 우리는 그저 다소 즐겁지도 않고 목적도 없다고 느꼈습니다. '나른함'이라는 이름이 있더군요 나른함은 정체감과 공허감이다. 안개가 자욱한 앞유리 사이로 삶을 바라보며 하루하루를 허우적대는 느낌이다. 그리고 그것은 2021년의 지배적인 감정일지도 모릅니다."

흥미로운데, 바로 그거야. 나는 네가 나른하다는 단어를 너 자신을 묘사하기 위해 사용해왔는지 모르겠다. 당신이 그가 말하는 경험들과 관련이 있는지 모르겠지만, 나는 우리들 중 많은 사람들이 그럴 것이라고 생각한다. 그리고 우리가 삶을 이해하고 방향을 정하는 방법에 대한 새로운 생각을 들었을 때, 우리의 첫 번째 질문은 항상 "그래서, 하느님의 말씀은 이것에 대해 뭐라고 말할까?"이다. 성경은 나른하다는 말을 쓰긴 하죠 그것은 단지 그것을 많이 사용하지 않는다. [에스비야가 이사야와 예레미야 14] NIV에서는 이사야와 예레미야와 호세아에서 ESV가 두 번 더 나타난다. NASB는 최대 11개의 인스턴스를 제공합니다.

하지만 흥미롭게도, 성경은 아담 그랜트가 뉴욕 타임즈에 있는 것처럼 나른해진다는 단어를 사용하지 않습니다. 성경적으로 말하면, 나른함은 항상 훨씬 더 끔찍하고, 훨씬 더 심하고, 시들고, 절박하다. 예레미야 14장 2절은 모든 번역본에서 가뭄에 관한 것으로 "유다가 슬퍼하고 성문이 쇠약해지며 땅에 엎드려 애통해하며 예루살렘의 부르짖음이 높아진다"고 말합니다. 그래서 그랜트가 사용하는 방식과 제레미아가 사용하는 방식 사이에는 공통의 핵심이 있습니다. 게으름과 서서히 시들어가는 느낌이 있다. 하지만 엄밀히 따지자면, 우리는 주의 깊게 듣고 싶다. 2021년에 그랜트가 여기서 강조하는 것은 무엇이고 성경은 그것을 어디에 말합니까?

그리고 우리는 실제로 성경이 그것에 대해 할 말이 많다는 것을 발견하게 될 것입니다. 하지만 그것은 단어로 나른한 것이 아니라 다양한 다른 장소에서입니다. 그래서 그랜트가 말하는 나른한 성경은 어디로 갈까요? 음, 많은 것들이 있고, 우리의 감정을 분석할 때 엄청난 양의 뉘앙스와 재주를 가질 수 있는 심장의 신학이 있습니다. 그래서 성경은 이 경험에 대해 한 마디도 하지 않는다. 여러 각도에서 찾아오는 거죠. 몇 개 던져버리고 빨리 정리할게요 우리는 그들 중 누구도 조사하려는 것이 아닙니다.

전도의 오프닝에 대해 생각해보세요: "배려는 허영심이다. "태양 아래 새로운 것은 없습니다. 미래에 대한 기대는 없다.

욥과 그가 말하는 고통의 한 가지 작은 면을 생각해 보세요. 시간은 흘러가고 좋은 변화를 가져오지 않는다는 것입니다. 시간은 흘러가고, 불편한 순간은 영원히 질질 끄는 것 같아. 7장 4절과 6절은 "누울 때 내가 일어나기까지 얼마나 걸릴까"라고 생각합니다. 밤은 질질 끌리고, 나는 새벽까지 뒤척이며, 나의 하루는 위버의 왕복선보다 더 빠르고, 그들은 희망도 없이 끝납니다." 하루하루가 너무 빨랐고 느릿느릿했다.

잠언에 대해 생각해 보세요. 예를 들어 15장 19절 "나태한 자의 길은 가시덤불과 같다"는 말씀이 있습니다. 게으름뱅이에게, 어떤 일에든 동기부여를 받기 위해 고군분투하는 사람에게는 모든 것이 힘들다. 모든 걸음이 전쟁이다. 그냥 아무것도 하고 싶지 않아요. 그리고 물론 게으름뱅이라는 단어는 여기서 도덕적 요소를 가져오죠, 그렇지 않나요?

맞아요, 도덕적인 범주에서 이런 종류의 지루함을 보는 것은 이제 우리에게 도전적인 일입니다. 이건 유혹이야, 이건 좋은 게 아니야. 욥이 여기 있는 고통을 단순히 묘사하는 것이 아닙니다.

잠언에 나오는 피곤함을 생각해 보세요. 다시 "하나님, 나는 지쳤습니다. 하나님, 나는 지쳤고 지쳤습니다."의 30장 시작입니다. 그리고 나서 그는 이렇게 말했습니다. "분명히 나는 너무 멍청해서 남자가 될 수 없다. 난 남자에 대한 이해가 없어요. 나는 지혜를 배우지 못했다." 우리는 이것을 우리 말로 번역해서 "나는 단지 삶이 너무 지쳤어"라고 말할 수 있어. 이건 마치, 더 이상 생각할 수 없는 것 같아.

아니면 야생 사진을 찍던가, 그렇지? 광야에 하루하루 끌려가는 것: 거침없는 풍경, 삶은 힘들다. 그곳은 번창하는 곳이 아닙니다. 나는 피곤하다. 더워. 먼지가 많네요. 물을 찾기가 어려워요. 내일도 다를 게 없을 것 같아요.

결론부터 말하자면, 성경은 당신이 느끼는 천박함에 대해 할 말이 많다.

그럼 어떻게 해야 하죠?

그랜트는 몇 가지 아이디어를 제안합니다. 그가 플로우라고 부르는 것에 초점을 맞추는 것을 포함해서요. 그것은 기본적으로 당신의 일에 대한 영역에 들어가는 것입니다. 그는 작은 승리를 찾는 것에 대해 이야기합니다. 그래서 여러분은 동기부여의식을 높일 수 있습니다. 작은 단계들을 통해서 말이죠. 여러분이 단지 여러 가지 다른 방향으로 이끌려가는 것이 아닌, 생각하는 일에 전념하는 시간을 줄이는 것에 대해 이야기합니다. 이 모든 것들은 완전히 공정하고 훌륭한 아이디어입니다. 하지만 성경은 우리에게 이것보다 더 많은 것을 제공하죠, 그렇죠? 한 가지 주제만 들어봅시다. 이것의 한 가지 측면을 살펴보자. 성경이 뭐라고 할까? 성경이 우리에게 뭐라고 할까? 말 그대로 우리가 아침에 일어날 때, 그리고 우리가 황야에 있는 경험을 가지고 아침에 일어날 때 말이다. 광야에서 깨어나는 사람들에게 성경은 뭐라고 하나요?

음, 잠시 생각해 봅시다. 광야에 사는 사람들에게 성경의 희망은 무엇일까요? 물이 없는 메마르고 지친 땅. 우리가 바라는 게 뭐죠? 글쎄요, 저는 압도적으로 중요한 주제라고 말하고 싶습니다. 우리가 황무지에 대해 생각할 때, 엄청나게 앞으로 다가온 희망은 바로 이것입니다. 그것은 하나님이 너와 함께하신다는 것이다. 황무지에서 당신만 있는 게 아니에요 그건 위로가 안 돼요 뭐, 황무지가 정말 힘든 건 아니잖아요. 힘들겠지만, 적어도 하느님은 너와 함께 있고 그건 뭔가 가치가 있을 거야, 안 그래? 아뇨, 전혀요. 하나님이 곁에 계시면 어떤 상황에 처하든 모든 것이 바뀐다. 특히 광야에 있는 이스라엘 국민 여러분, 이런 측면들이 있죠? '신과 함께 계신 하나님'은 낮에는 구름의, 밤에는 불기둥이라는 뜻이었다. 하나님은 많은 사람들에게 "나는 여기 있다. "난 너와 함께야" 그렇지?

그는 그들에게 그날의 방향을 알려주었습니다. 그들은 구름을 따라갈 것이다. 구름이 멈춘다면, 그들은 멈춘다. 구름이 계속된다면, 그들은 계속 그럴 것이다. 그는 그들을 지도했다. 이제 그것은 그들을 황무지를 도는 매우 우회적인 길로 인도하는 안내였다. 그들은 이집트에서 가나안까지 직진하지 않고, 가능한 한 빨리 거기에 도착하였다. 이 여행은 가스 마일리지를 절약하고 가능한 한 빨리 가기 위해 모든 지름길을 이용하는 효율적인 여행이 아니었다. 하나님은 그것보다 더 많은 것을 염두에 두셨지만 목적 없는 방황은 아니었습니다. 하나님은 백성들이 가길 바라던 곳에서 길을 잃지 않으셨습니다. 사실 매일, 모든 단계, 모든 움직임은 그들의 이익을 위해 고안되었다.

하나님이 너와 함께 계신다는 또 다른 측면은 만약 너와 함께 계신다면 넌 그가 거기 계신 걸 보게 될 거야 당신의 하루를 위한 방향이 있을 것입니다. 그리고 실제로 이런 약속이 있습니다. 여행 자체가 당신을 형성할 것입니다. 인생은 단지 일을 하고 일을 더 효과적으로 하거나 친구들과 더 나은 대화를 나누거나 교회와 함께 사역을 진행하는 것만이 아닙니다. 여행 자체가 이렇게 좋은 형상이 될 것이라는 약속이 있다. 그리고 무엇보다도, 보살핌의 약속이 있습니다. 하느님이 그러시는데, 내가 너를 데리고 가겠다. 만나를 주마 메추라기를 드릴게요. 내가 너에게 물을 줄게. 당신의 샌들은 닳지 않을 것입니다. 저는 모든 사람의 샌들이 마법같았다는 것을 의미하는 것이 아니라, 오히려 사람들이 샌들을 가질 수 있는 충분한 준비가 될 것이라고 이해합니다. 그들은 약속의 땅으로 가는 길에 광야를 걸으며 그들이 필요로 하는 것들을 가질 수 있을 것이다. 그 약속의 땅으로, 아, 그런데, "하나님과 함께"라는 존재는 결국 "당신이 상상하는 것보다 더 좋은 곳으로 당신을 데려가고 있다"는 것이다.

우유와 꿀이 흐르는 땅으로 데려가는 거지? 그래서, 광야에서 당신의 희망은 무엇입니까? 광야에서 당신의 희망은 신이 나와 함께 있다는 것입니다. 그리고 만약 그가 여기에 있다면, 만약 내가 그를 믿을 수 있다면, 클라우드가 오늘 어떤 방향으로 나아가든, 우리가 얼마나 효율적으로, 얼마나 비효율적으로 도달하든, 그와 함께 황야를 통해 가는 여정이 완전히, 완전히 안전하며, 그가 어디로 가든지, 그가 갈 수 있다는 것을 내가 알 수 있다면, 그는 매우 희망적으로 갈 수 있을 것입니다. 날 보살펴 주길 바라면서 말이야 그는 그 과정을 통해 나를 변화시킬 것이다. 그리고 그는 내가 상상 이상으로 되고 싶은 곳에서 나를 끝장낼 거야. 그게 사실이라면 진짜 고통에 대한 모든 게 바뀌겠죠, 그렇죠? 당신은 정말 황무지에 있군요.

그럼 다시 오프닝 질문으로 돌아갑시다.

아침에 일어나는 건 어때? 당신이 처음 일어났을 때 침대에서 일어나는 데 얼마나 걸리나요? 저는 저만의 경험을 공유하겠습니다. 얼마 전에 결심했어요. 잠에서 깼을 때 그냥 침대에 앉아있을 시간을 5분 주기로 했거든요. 난 일어나는 게 싫어. 아침형 인간이 되기 위해 노력하고 있습니다. 난 천성이 아니야. 그냥 힘들어요. 하루 중 처음 몇 분 동안은요 내가 원하는 건 다시 자는 것 뿐이고, 그날은 좋은 날이야. 저는 침대에서 일어나기가 힘듭니다. 그래서 말했지, 그거 알아? 매일 5분씩 시간을 내요 내가 해야 할 일은, 이 세상에서 나의 유일한 의무는 침대에 앉아서 벽만 바라보며 내가 깨어있고 잠시 깨어있어야 한다는 사실을 천천히 받아들이려고 노력하는 것이다.

그리고 할 일 목록을 확인하지만 "이봐, 오늘 아침에 이것 좀 생각해봐."라고 적힌 부분만 확인하는 작은 것도 시작했어. 그리고 가능한 한 그 리스트를 짧게 유지하려고 노력하고 있습니다. 그래서 저는 매일 아침 영감 없이 일어난다고 해도 과언이 아닙니다. 하지만 그랜트 말에 동의해요 더 힘들어졌다고요 내가 5분을 10분으로 바꿀 가능성, 이메일 한두통, 체스 앱을 꺼내서 하루를 미룰 수 있는 어떤 것도 할 수 있는 가능성. 그전에는 이미 꽤 강했지만, 유혹이 실제로 커졌고 침대에서 일어나려는 의욕의 부족이 조금은 변했을 것이라고 말하고 싶다.

침대에서 일어나기 위해 발버둥치는데 유행병이 필요했던 건 아니에요 만약 내일 내가 깨어있다는 사실을 증오하지 않고 광야에서 나와 함께 계신다는 사실에 집중한다면요? 특히, 저는 스스로 생각합니다. 만약 제가 침대에서 일어나기 전에, 그 5분 안에 저기 앉아 있다면, 1번인 제가 광야에 있다는 위안을 얻는다면 어떨까요? 이 세상은 부서지고 무너져 버렸어. 진짜 어렵다. 이 행성에서 하루를 맞이하기 힘들다는 사실에는 타당성이 있습니다. 이 삶에서 그것과 함께 오는 모든 피곤함 때문에 말이죠.

만약 내가 실제로 황무지에 있다는 걸 스스로 상기시킨다면요? 이것은 게으름만이 아니다. 하지만, 나를 믿어라, 쉽게 사진에 들어갈 수도 있다. 그 게으름뱅이는 나에게 알려지지 않은 이미지는 아니다. 하지만 둘째로, 만약 신이 나와 함께 하신다고 스스로에게 상기시킨다면요? 이 날이 쉬운 직선이고 내가 많은 일을 하는 날인지, 아니면 완전히 비효율적으로 느껴지고 밤에 도착해서 내가 시작했던 곳보다 뒤처진 느낌인지. 궁극적으로는 하나님이 "내가 너와 함께 가겠다"고 말씀하신 사실이 달라지는 것은 아니다. 이스라엘 백성을 위하여 있었던 그 모든 약속들, 근심하고 여정을 통해 형성되어 좋은 곳으로 가는 모든 약속들, 이것이 모두 그리스도 안에서 나에게 확대된 약속들입니다. 불기둥과 구름 기둥이 하루 종일 지나가면 좋겠지만, 제가 상상하기엔 쉽죠. 조금 스트레스를 받긴 하지만요.

그런데 그 불기둥, 곧 성령이 오순절의 사도들의 머리에 불길의 혀로 강림하셨다는 사실을 생각해 보십시오. 그 불이 내 안에 살고 있습니다. 그리스도를 아는 우리 모두는 사실 마음속에 '내가 너희를 인도하겠다'는 불기둥이 있습니다. 난 너와 함께 있을 거야. 내가 너에게 에너지를 가져다 줄게. "매 걸음마다 너와 함께 걷겠다" 그거 꽤 멋지다. 그리고 아침에는 그런 생각을 하고 싶다. 제 5분을 하나님이 광야에서 저와 함께 하신다는 기억으로 채우고 싶습니다. 그리고 그것이 모든 차이를 만듭니다.

그래서, 오늘 아침에 일어나서 기분이 어땠어요? 이 말을 들으면서 아직도 침대에 누워 있나요? 만약 당신이 깨어났을 때 당신이 광야에 있었다는 것을 기억한다면 내일 당신의 하루는 무엇이 달라질까요? 그리고 피곤함을 느끼는 것은 괜찮고 신이 직접 당신의 하루가 가져올 어떤 모험이든 당신과 함께 할 것이라고 말한다.
주소 추천 0