• 새글
  • 접속자(415)
  • 검색
  • |
  • 로그인
  • 회원가입

[CCEF] For Pastors: A New Perspective on Referring Out August 11, 2021

Webpage-Photo-Background_blog_referringout_JL-390x215.jpeg

Who knows you really well? Not just the basic contours of your life story but your joys, your sorrows, your fears, your triumphs, your doubts, your failures? Who do you feel comfortable sharing your deepest thoughts and feelings with, trusting that they will still accept and love you? If you have at least one such person in your life, you are blessed.

But their knowledge of you (and your knowledge of them) only goes so far, doesn’t it? What if this person knew everything about you? Everything. No exceptions. Your past, your present, even your future. And not just as an observer from the outside. Rather, this friend actually gets inside your head. She knows every thought you are having right now. He knows the word on your tongue even before you say it. In fact, she knows the malicious thought you just had about her but refrained from saying, because, well, what kind of Christian would say such things? To everyone else, you are the picture of self-control. But this friend sees all—the unexpressed fears, the carefully concealed lusts, the doubts and insecurities, the self-condemning and others-condemning judgments. And this friend is always with you; you cannot flee from his presence. No matter where you are, there she is. In the sky, below the earth, in the middle of the ocean, in the deepest darkness—you can’t escape.

Does that comfort you? I’m guessing not! Why? Because we can’t imagine living before someone with such X-ray vision and abiding presence without shriveling up in guilt and shame like a tender flower burned by an unexpected frost. That level of exposure before another person is terrifying.

Yet that is not how King David responds in Psalm 139 regarding the One who knows everything about him. He says, “Such knowledge is too wonderful for me” (v.6). He remarks, “How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!” (v.17). In fact, God’s complete knowledge of his life actually compels him to pray, “Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!” (v.23–24). Fully known. Everything. No exceptions. And what does David say? “Bring it on! I relish that. Know me even further, God!”

How can this be? Why does David exult in the fully penetrating gaze of God rather than hide or hang his head in shame? Because he knows that God’s perfect knowledge is wedded with perfect love. David is perfectly safe in the steadfast, enduring love of the Lord (Psalm 138:8). This is the very affirmation that precedes Psalm 139, which David also penned. Not only does God fully know David (v.1–6) and will never leave him (v.7–12), he is also the author of David’s life: “in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them” (v.16). A more intimate knowledge cannot exist. A more all-encompassing love cannot exist.

This is true for us as well—and even more so—now that God has brought redemption to completion through Jesus Christ. As believers, we are fully loved, fully known in Jesus. His new covenant with us is unshakeable. He is not surprised by our secrets. He does not turn away in the wake of our failures. He sees our thoughts, desires, and fears with perfect clarity and perfect love. Safe and secure, our lives are hidden with him (Col 3:3). We live under his benediction, not his displeasure, clothed with the righteousness of Jesus Christ. We are no longer regarded as enemies but as intimate friends (Rom 5:8–11).

Reckoning these things to be true impacts our relationship with God and with others. It means we are freed to face our deepest places of guilt and shame, knowing that God has already seen them and dealt with them decisively at the cross. We progressively learn to live as people crowned with steadfast love and mercy (Ps 103:4)—royal sons and daughters who won’t get booted from the King’s presence. We pray, “Lord, help me to see what you see. Give me the courage to face the inevitable inconsistencies and half-hearted discipleship that so often mark my life, knowing that your abiding love and presence empower my next faltering step toward you.”

Heartened by the One who fully knows us and never turns from us, we are freer with others. Perhaps we are a bit more vulnerable in our small group. We micro-manage our image just a bit less. We ask for prayer, not for our great Aunt Millie’s cousin’s sick dog, but for the anxiety and insecurity that stalk us as we face a performance review at work. We whisper our deepest doubts to a trusted friend. We admit our sense of failure as a parent to a fellow father.

And we see that transparency begets transparency. Others share their hearts with us. We seek to receive them as Jesus does. This is not easy, of course. Others (including ourselves!) don’t have the patience, compassion, and steadfastness that Jesus does as he looks upon the details and inner workings of our lives. But, secure in God’s gracious full knowledge of us and buoyed by his enduring love, we aim to be known by others—and to know them—even as we are known by our Savior. 

1.상담챠트
2.신체문제
3.정신구조
4.마음이해
5.변화과정

상담시리즈 현장실시간 학차신청 세미나

필독서1
필독서2

맑은소리 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 2022-01-11 (화) 22:16 2년전
(파파고 번역)
목회자를 위한 새로운 시각
2021년 8월 11일

누가 당신을 정말 잘 아나요? 당신 삶의 기본 윤곽뿐 아니라 기쁨, 슬픔, 두려움, 승리, 의심, 실패도요? 당신은 그들이 여전히 당신을 받아들이고 사랑해줄 것이라고 믿으면서, 당신의 가장 깊은 생각과 감정을 누구와 나누는 것이 편안하다고 느끼나요? 살면서 그런 사람이 한 명이라도 있다면 축복받은 것이다.

하지만 당신에 대한 그들의 지식(그리고 그들에 대한 당신의 지식)은 그 정도밖에 되지 않아요? 만약 이 사람이 당신에 대해 모든 것을 알았다면요? 전부다. 예외는 없다. 당신의 과거, 당신의 현재, 심지어 당신의 미래. 그리고 외부의 관찰자로서 뿐만 아니라 오히려, 이 친구는 실제로 당신의 머릿속에 들어온다. 그녀는 네가 지금 무슨 생각을 하는지 다 알고 있어. 그는 당신이 말하기 전부터 당신의 혀에 있는 단어를 알고 있습니다. 사실, 그녀는 당신이 그녀에 대해 가지고 있는 악의적인 생각을 알고 있지만 말하기를 꺼렸습니다. 왜냐하면, 음, 어떤 종류의 크리스천이 그런 말을 하겠습니까? 다른 모든 사람들에게 당신은 자기 통제의 그림입니다. 그러나 이 친구는 표현되지 않은 두려움, 조심스럽게 은폐된 욕망, 의심과 불안감, 자기 묵인 그리고 다른 모든 것을 봅니다. 이 친구는 언제나 여러분과 함께 있으니, 그 앞에서 도망칠 수 없습니다. 네가 어디에 있든, 저기 그녀가 있어. 하늘, 땅 아래, 바다 한 가운데, 가장 깊은 어둠 속에서, 여러분은 탈출할 수 없습니다.

그것이 당신을 위안하나요? 설마! 왜? 그런 엑스레이 시력을 가진 사람 앞에서 뜻밖의 서리에 타버린 부드러운 꽃처럼 죄책감과 수치심에 움츠러들지 않고 존재를 고수하는 것은 상상할 수 없기 때문이다. 다른 사람보다 먼저 노출되는 건 끔찍해

그러나 다윗 왕은 시편 139편에서 자신에 대해 모든 것을 아는 자에 대해 그렇게 대답하지 않습니다. "이런 지식은 내게 너무 놀라운 것입니다."(6절)라고 말씀하십니다. "하나님, 주의 생각이 내게 얼마나 소중한가 ! 그 합이 얼마나 큰가!"(17절) 사실, 하나님이 그의 삶에 대한 완전한 지식은 그가 기도하도록 강요합니다. "하나님, 나를 찾아주시고, 내 마음을 알아주세요! 날 시험해보고 내 생각을 알아봐! 내 안에 고통스러운 길이 있는지 보시고 나를 영원한 길로 인도하소서!"(23절~24절) 충분히 알고 있다. 전부다. 예외는 없다. 데이비드는 뭐라고 하던가요? "이리 와! 난 그게 좋아. 나를 더 많이 알아주세요, 하느님!"

어떻게 이럴 수가 있지? 다윗은 왜 숨거나 부끄러워서 고개를 숙이지 않고 하나님의 온전히 꿰뚫는 시선에 기뻐합니까? 하나님의 완벽한 지식과 완벽한 사랑이 결합되어 있다는 것을 알기 때문입니다. 다윗은 변함없는 주님의 사랑(시 138:8) 속에서 완벽하게 안전합니다. 다윗이 쓴 시편 139편 앞에 나오는 바로 그 확언입니다. 하나님은 다윗(1~6절)을 온전히 아실 뿐만 아니라(7~12절) 다윗의 삶의 저자이십니다. "네 책에는 그 모든 날들이 기록되어 있는데 그 날들이 나를 위해 형성된 날들이 하나도 없더라."(16절)입니다. 이보다 더 친밀한 지식은 존재할 수 없다. 이보다 더 모든 것을 아우르는 사랑은 존재할 수 없다.

하나님께서 예수 그리스도를 통해 속죄를 완성하신 지금, 우리에게도, 그리고 더욱 그렇습니다. 신앙인으로서 우리는 예수 안에서 온전히 사랑받고, 온전히 알려져 있습니다. 우리와 맺은 그의 새로운 언약은 흔들리지 않는다. 그는 우리의 비밀에 놀라지 않는다. 그는 우리의 실패에도 불구하고 외면하지 않는다. 그는 완벽한 명료함과 완벽한 사랑으로 우리의 생각, 욕망, 두려움을 봅니다. 안전하고 안전하게 우리 목숨이 하나님과 함께 숨겨져 있습니다(콜 3:3). 우리는 예수 그리스도의 의로우심으로 옷을 입고, 그의 불쾌함이 아닌 그의 축복 아래 살고 있습니다. 우리는 더 이상 원수가 아니라 친한 친구로 여겨집니다(롬 5:8–11).

이런 것들이 사실이라고 생각하는 것은 하나님과 다른 사람들과의 관계에 영향을 미칩니다. 하나님께서 이미 그들을 보시고 십자가에서 결정적으로 대하셨다는 것을 알고 우리의 가장 깊은 죄책감과 수치심을 마주할 수 있는 자유를 의미합니다. 우리는 왕의 면전에서 쫓겨나지 않는 왕실의 아들딸들인 변함없는 사랑과 자비로 왕관을 쓴 사람으로 사는 법을 점차 배웁니다. 우리는 기도합니다. "주님, 당신이 보는 것을 볼 수 있게 도와주세요. 당신의 변함없는 사랑과 존재가 당신을 향한 나의 다음 발걸음에 힘을 실어준다는 것을 알기에, 종종 내 인생을 나타내는 피할 수 없는 모순과 반쪽짜리 제자애에 직면할 수 있는 용기를 주세요.

우리를 온전히 아시고 절대 돌아서지 않으시는 분으로 인해 우리는 다른 사람들과 함께할 때 더 자유로워집니다. 아마도 우리는 우리의 작은 집단에서 조금 더 취약할 것이다. 우리는 이미지를 조금 덜 미세하게 관리합니다. 우리는 위대한 밀리 이모의 사촌의 아픈 개가 아니라 직장에서 수행평가를 받을 때 우리를 스토킹하는 불안과 불안감을 위해 기도를 요청합니다. 우리는 믿을 수 있는 친구에게 우리의 깊은 의심을 속삭입니다. 우리는 같은 아버지에게 부모로서의 실패의식을 인정한다.

그리고 우리는 투명성이 투명성을 낳는 것을 봅니다. 다른 사람들은 우리와 마음을 나눈다. 우리는 그들을 예수님이 받으시는 대로 받으려고 합니다. 물론 이것은 쉽지 않습니다. 다른 사람들(우리 자신을 포함한)은 예수님이 우리 삶의 디테일과 내면을 보시면서 하시는 인내와 연민, 확고함을 가지고 있지 않습니다.
주소 추천 0