• 새글
  • 접속자(366)
  • 검색
  • |
  • 로그인
  • 회원가입

[a적용해석] [CCEF] Winning Your Child’s Heart with Winsome Words (애교 있는 말로 아이의 마음을 사로잡다)

Do we understand the impact of our words on our children? We utter words every day in all sorts of situations, often without intentionality. Sometimes, when we are using words to keep order and get things done, we lose sight of the power they possess.  

My years as a parent have helped me understand that my words do more than guide my children through their day. They shape how they think about themselves, other people, and how the world works. Most importantly, my words are one way my children learn about the gospel.  

I remember one afternoon when I was exhausted, and one of my children was not answering me. I quickly grew frustrated and began to demand that they answer my question. But something tugged at my heart, so I stopped, scooped them into my lap, and asked, “Why are you refusing to answer me?” Still, no answer. I recognized this was an important moment, and I prayed for God to give me a gentle spirit. I wanted my child to engage with me not because I forced them to but because they knew they were loved. After all, this is how the Lord engages us. 

A few moments later, I rephrased the question, “Why are you struggling to answer me?” And then it happened. The child knew they were free to share their heart, and the words poured out. They told me about the shame they were carrying, how they noticed I was tense, and how they can’t always find words when they are upset, but that I keep asking for them! Then there were tears. I learned much about my child’s heart that day and how we both needed to learn more about the Lord’s forgiveness, patience, and steadfastness. That one conversation shaped our following fifty conversations. 

Many of us fail here. We either miss the opportunity or push past our children with our agenda. I was trying to make dinner, after all! Sometimes, when our children are not answering us, we are tempted to label it as disrespect or disobedience too quickly. Making this assumption permits us to approach our children with our frustrations. We start making proclamations—even threats. But that is not how the Lord deals with us when we are out of sorts; he is not frustrated, nor does he overpower us with proclamations. Instead, he invites us to talk to him. And we can talk about the hard things, the disappointing things, the fearful things, and the messy things of our hearts. With our kids, we want to skip that in favor of rules and commands. But by doing so, we leave out God’s never-ending and pursuing love. Instead, we speak abruptly, insensitively, or cruelly. This is not wisdom, nor will it help our children grow in wisdom.  

How easy it is to say to a whiny child, “Stop complaining” or “Do all things without grumbling” (Phil 2:14). But how much harder it is to sit and draw their hearts out by asking, “What is hurting?” and listening in the same way that God listens to us. We should not just want to shut them up, but show them how to act like a child of God in a broken world where it is easy to grumble (Phil 2:15). This is not an easy task. The ability to love another well with inviting words is a skill we grow in over time, and it requires humility. We can care about having order in our homes and even obedience and still speak wisely and gently. It takes more work, more restraint, more sanctification, more of Jesus, but it can be done. It needs to be done. Even in the inconvenient moments, we should engage our children in the way that Jesus speaks to us: with a deep love that seeks to captivate hearts (Luke 4:22; 24:32).  

I would imagine most of you reading this share my point of view and try (though imperfectly), like me, to live by and hold out God’s glorious truth in sweet and tender ways. Our words possess power. We must use them carefully. Consider Proverbs 16:21: “The wise of heart is called discerning, and sweetness of speech increases persuasiveness.” It reminds us that if we desire to bring others insight, we should engage them with a “sweetness of speech,” with well-spoken, kind words that invite people to seek wisdom. 

God has used many small moments to convict me to shape my words into sweet invitations, drawing those I love and those who challenge me into deeper conversations. If we want to convey a much-needed message of grace, especially to our children, our words must be gracious invitations to see God and his heart for his people. We need to present him as the tender lover of our souls by using sweet and inviting words and then trust that his Spirit will be at work guiding their hearts.

1.상담챠트
2.신체문제
3.정신구조
4.마음이해
5.변화과정

상담시리즈 현장실시간 학차신청 세미나

필독서1
필독서2

박인혜상담사 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 2023-01-03 (화) 00:54 1년전
<파파고 번역>

애교 있는 말로 아이의 마음을 사로잡다

우리는 우리의 말이 우리의 아이들에게 미치는 영향을 이해하고 있는가?우리는 종종 의도하지 않은 채 모든 종류의 상황에서 매일 말을 한다.때때로 우리가 질서를 유지하고 일을 완수하기 위해 단어를 사용할 때, 우리는 그들이 가진 힘을 잃어버린다.

부모로서의 나의 오랜 세월은 내 말이 내 아이들의 하루를 인도하는 것 이상의 것을 한다는 것을 이해하는데 도움을 주었다.그들은 자기 자신, 다른 사람들에 대해 어떻게 생각하는지 그리고 세상이 어떻게 돌아가는지 결정한다.가장 중요한 것은 내 말이 내 아이들이 복음을 배우는 한 가지 방법이라는 것이다.

어느 날 오후, 나는 내가 지쳐있었을 때, 내 아이들 중 한 명이 나에게 대답을 하지 않았던 것을 기억한다.나는 곧 좌절감을 느꼈고 그들이 내 질문에 대답할 것을 요구하기 시작했다.하지만 뭔가가 내 심장을 잡아당겨서, 나는 멈춰 서서 그들을 내 무릎에 올려놓고 물었다. "왜 대답을 거부하니?"여전히 대답이 없다.나는 이것이 중요한 순간이라는 것을 깨닫고 신이 나에게 온화한 영혼을 주시기를 기도했다.나는 내 아이가 나와 관계를 맺어주길 바랬다 내가 강요해서가 아니라 그들이 사랑받고 있다는 것을 알았기 때문이다.결국, 하느님이 우리를 끌어들이는 방법이야.

잠시 후, 나는 질문을 바꿨다. "왜 대답하려고 애쓰니?"그리고 나서 그 일이 일어났다.아이는 그들이 자유롭게 마음을 나눌 수 있다는 것을 알았고, 그 말이 쏟아져 나왔다.그들은 그들이 안고 있는 수치심, 내가 긴장한 것을 어떻게 알아챘는지, 그리고 그들이 화가 났을 때 어떻게 항상 말을 찾을 수 없는지에 대해 나에게 말했지만, 나는 계속 그 말을 요구했어요!그리고 눈물이 났다.나는 그날 내 아이의 마음과 우리 둘 다 어떻게 하느님의 용서와 인내, 그리고 확고함에 대해 배울 필요가 있는지에 대해 많은 것을 배웠다.그 한 번의 대화가 우리의 다음 50번의 대화를 형성했다.

우리 중 많은 이들이 여기서 실패한다.우리는 기회를 놓치거나 우리의 의제로 아이들을 밀어내거나 둘 중 하나다.결국 나는 저녁을 만들려고 했어!때때로, 우리의 아이들이 우리에게 대답하지 않을 때, 우리는 그것을 너무 빨리 무례하거나 불복종이라고 꼬리표를 붙이고 싶은 유혹을 받는다.이런 가정을 하는 것은 우리의 아이들에게 우리의 좌절감을 다가갈 수 있게 해준다.선언, 심지어 위협까지 시작합니다.그러나 주께서는 우리가 기분이 안 좋을 때 우리를 그렇게 대하지 않으십니다. 그는 좌절하지 않으시고, 선포로 우리를 제압하지도 않으십니다.대신, 그는 우리와 대화하도록 초대했다.그리고 우리는 힘든 일, 실망스러운 일, 두려운 일, 그리고 우리 마음의 지저분한 일들에 대해 말할 수 있다.우리의 아이들은 규칙과 명령을 위해 그것을 생략하고 싶습니다.하지만 그렇게 함으로써, 우리는 신의 끝없는 사랑과 추구를 배제하게 된다.대신, 우리는 갑자기, 무감각하게, 또는 잔인하게 말한다.이것은 지혜도 아니고, 우리 아이들의 지혜 성장에도 도움이 되지 않는다.

징징거리는 아이에게 "투덜대지 말라"거나 "투덜거리지 말고 모든 것을 하라"(필 2:14)고 말하는 것이 얼마나 쉬운 일인가.하지만 "무엇이 아픈가?"라고 물어봄으로써 그들의 마음을 끌어내는 것이 얼마나 어려운가? 신이 우리의 말을 듣는 것과 같은 방식으로.우리는 그들을 입막음만 하려는 것이 아니라 불평하기 쉬운 망가진 세상에서 어떻게 하나님의 자녀처럼 행동하는지 보여줘야 합니다(필 2:15).이것은 쉬운 일이 아니다.다른 사람을 초대하는 말로 잘 사랑할 수 있는 능력은 시간이 지날수록 길러지는 기술이며, 겸손이 필요하다.우리는 집에 질서를 유지하고 심지어 순종하는 것에 신경을 쓸 수 있지만 여전히 현명하고 부드럽게 말할 수 있다.더 많은 일, 더 많은 자제, 더 많은 신성화, 더 많은 예수님이 필요하지만, 할 수 있다.해야 할 일이야.불편한 순간에도 우리는 예수가 우리에게 말하는 방식으로 자녀들을 끌어들여야 합니다. 마음을 사로잡으려는 깊은 사랑으로 말입니다(루카 4:22; 24:32).

저는 여러분 대부분이 이 글을 읽고 저와 같은 (불완전하지만) 하나님의 영광스러운 진실을 달콤하고 부드러운 방법으로 표현하기 위해 노력하고 있다고 생각합니다.우리의 말에는 힘이 있다.우리는 그것들을 조심해서 사용해야 한다.잠언 16장 21절을 생각해보라: "마음의 지혜로운 자는 분별력이 있다고 하며, 말의 달콤함은 설득력을 증가시킨다."우리가 다른 사람들에게 통찰력을 주고 싶다면, 우리는 사람들에게 지혜를 구하도록 유도하는 말솜씨 좋은 말로 "말의 달콤함"으로 그들을 끌어들여야 한다는 것이다.

하느님은 내가 사랑하는 사람과 도전하는 사람을 더 깊은 대화로 끌어들이고, 나의 말을 달콤한 초대로 만들기 위해 많은 작은 순간을 이용해 나를 유죄로 판결했다.우리가 특히 우리 자녀들에게 절실히 필요한 은혜의 메시지를 전하고 싶다면 우리의 말은 신과 그의 백성들을 위한 그의 마음을 보기 위한 은혜로운 초대장이 되어야 합니다.우리는 달콤하고 유혹적인 말로 그를 우리 영혼의 부드러운 연인으로 표현하고 그의 영혼이 그들의 마음을 인도하는 일을 할 것이라고 믿어야 합니다.
주소 추천 0