• 메뉴
  • 새글
  • 접속자(681)
  • |
  • 로그인
  • 회원가입

[105가정상담] How can I encourage my child to care more about others?, CCEF, Alasdair Groves

How can I encourage my child to care more about others?

I am going to give four thoughts on this. It's one I've thought a  fair amount about, as a father of three children. It's something I've  thought about as the son of parents, but especially of a mother who  helped me do this in really significant ways, and I think my mom's input  in my life is part of why I'm a counselor today. How do you help kids  care more about others? First thought, and probably the most important  in terms of the action step regularly, is lead by example. Share what's  going on in your mind, in your life, in your heart. How are you being  impacted by what's going on around you? So just giving your child a  regular window into "Hey, people have feelings and they have responses  and they have reactions." So just like, "Such and such happened and that  made me sad," or "I was really happy that..." So just giving children  access to your inner world in whatever language. You don't have to get  all weird and adopt some new hyper-emotional language if that's not who  you are. And you're welcome to keep using lots of emotional language if  that is who you are. I just mean talk to your kids about how you're  experiencing your life and your world, and in particular, if there are  places where you see them not thinking about others or not thinking  about you, giving them access to that, not a manipulative way where  you're like, well, how do you think I felt? Blah, blah, blah. There's a  way to invite children to realize, you know what? Other people are going  to have different feelings than they do. Other people have different  desires, different perspectives, different concerns. So lead by example,  sharing your own heart, sharing your own experience of life.

Number  two, you lead by example in reflecting on others. Philippians 2, a  fairly well-known passage, talks about how Jesus does this incredible,  unbelievable humility with us, and he doesn't consider all the glories  of heaven and being God with all the privilege of that. He comes down,  he takes the nature of a servant. He's made in human likeness. He dies  on a cross, and that's to his glory. But the phrases right before that  are essentially, look to others ahead of yourself, consider others more  important, look at other people. And so the more that you can lead by  example in that, the more that you can be thinking about other people  and talking about, "You know, I think so-and-so might be feeling such  and such. I think they might be hoping for... this might be hard for  them... I think this would probably really be meaningful to them..."  Those kinds of comments—and if you find yourself struggling like, well, I  never think about anybody that way, then that takes us to the most  helpful thing you can do, which is begin yourself to pursue a  perspective of knowing how is it for someone else? How are they? What  are they thinking, feeling, looking for, hoping, doing, what is on their  heart?

So lead by example, lead by example in reflecting on  others, and then ask your kids how others might be feeling. So if the  first aspects are sort of you driven, where you are the one putting the  information on the table and putting data out there in the conversation,  there's also a place to invite your child to reflect. "How do you think  so-and-so felt?" I remember that was the breakthrough moment for me. I  was six years old. I was playing wiffleball in the backyard with my  friend. We came in and I was just, I was kind of a jerk about it: "Well,  I'm feeling pretty happy because my team won" and blah, blah, blah,  right there in front of my friend. And I remember my mom just in that  moment saying, "How do you think your friend felt when you said that?"  And it was jarring. I wasn't thinking at all about how my friend was  feeling at that moment, and the idea that my friend was feeling  something about it, and I was pretty quick at the intuition level to go,  oh, I don't think he would probably like that. I don't think I would  like that. And I was convicted in the moment. All that to say, there is  such a rich opportunity just to help a child begin to put themself in  someone else's shoes. That's part of putting someone else first. It's  the first part of putting someone else first.

Last thing I'll  say. Ask and come back to on a regular basis how Jesus feels about your  child. The more that you can bring that into conversation, How does  Jesus, how does the ultimate other feel about you? What's going on in  his mind and his heart? There's nothing like seeing the grace, the heart  of love, of compassion, of joy, of grief over sin because he loves you  and does not want to see you in sin. That those things are there in his  heart toward your child. Those are the things I would most want a child  to be seeing through a different set of eyes. And the more you think,  How would Jesus feel? the more you're going to be set up to think about  how other human beings feel around you, and to have a Christlike  perspective on and toward them.

필독서1
필독서2

상담시리즈 학차신청 현장실시간 세미나

1.뇌구조 상담챠트

2.신체문제 상담챠트

3.정신구조 상담챠트

4.마음이해 상담챠트

5.변화과정 상담챠트

번호 분류 이미지 제목 글쓴이 날짜 추천 조회
.[공지]
세 가지 성경적 상담의 종류와 의미 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 24-08-23 0 56
[공지]
성경적 상담 문헌검색 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 23-01-23 0 211
[공지]
구글 검색: 성경적 상담 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 24-02-19 0 170
[공지]
구글 학술검색: "westminster biblical counseling ccef" 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 16-10-04 9 1391
[공지]
국회전자도서관: 성경적 상담 검색 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 16-10-01 9 2164
105가정상담
How can I encourage my child to care more about others?, CCE… 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 24-08-21 0 37
769 _기관
Therapon University, Biblical Counseling Courses 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 24-08-21 0 55
768 _기관
한국복음주의상담학회 하반기 주요 행사 일정 안내 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 24-08-08 0 95
767 _심리학
영혼 돌봄의 상담학 (서론) 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 24-03-29 0 177
766 a적용해석
5가지 사랑의 언어(게리 채프먼 저) 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 24-03-22 0 104
765 _신학
성경적 상담 신학 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 24-02-19 0 148
764 2합의유형
심리학은 성경적 상담과 어떻게 함께 일할 수 있는가? 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 24-02-19 0 133
763 e분석해석
성경적 상담의 핵심개념 |히스 램버트, 김준 역, 국제제자훈련원 2015 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 24-02-19 0 123
762 e분석해석
「성경적 상담사전」을 펴낸 운정 정정숙 박사 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 24-02-19 0 130
761 c도덕해석
성경적 상담 매뉴얼 | 저자 : 척 스미스 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 24-02-19 0 153
760 d극본해석
성경적 상담의 길잡이 | 하나님의 말씀을 기초로 한 성경적 상담 과정의 실제 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 24-02-19 0 122
759 d극본해석
성경적 상담 - 우리들의 이야기 - 행복한 박목사 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 24-02-19 0 117
758 a적용해석
황규명박사 "성경적 자가상담" 1강 캐나다 총신대 신학대학원 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 24-02-19 0 118
757 a적용해석
웨스트민스터 | 성경적 상담 | 미국 웨스트민스터 신학교_한국어 공식 채널 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 24-02-19 0 122
756 a적용해석
[강의 맛보기] 성경적 상담 - 김준수 교수 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 24-02-19 0 126
755 a적용해석
성경적 상담의 원리와 방법 - 예스24 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 24-02-19 0 135
754 a적용해석
성경적 상담의 원리와 방법 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 24-02-19 0 149
753 _기관
총신대 평생교육원 성경적 상담 자기대면 과정 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 23-11-14 0 190
752 5관계유형
Biblical_counseling_in_the_twentieth_century(David Powlison) 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 23-07-03 0 186
751 [공지]
논문분석목록 3 원장 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 23-05-02 1 403
750 e분석해석
[논문] 우울증과 자존감의 상관관계 분석을 통한 우울증 치유 연구 : 총신대학교 대학 및 대학원생들을 중심으… 박인혜상담사 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 23-04-30 0 169
749 6심층유형
[논문] 애착관계 결핍으로 인한 청년기 우울증 박인혜상담사 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 23-04-30 0 151
748 b관점해석
[논문] 조현병 환자의 자기중심적 사고에 대한 성경적 접근 : Piaget의 자기중심성 이론과 사례를 중심으… 박인혜상담사 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 23-04-30 0 171
747 c도덕해석
[논문] 청중의 효과적인 설교적용을 위한 설교적용나눔 프로그램 개발 및 효과 연구 : 월드행복비전교회를 중심… 박인혜상담사 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 23-04-24 0 154
746 a적용해석
[논문] 어린이 제자화를 위한 성경적 부모역할 = Biblical Parenting for Children'… 박인혜상담사 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 23-04-24 0 135